Monday, August 4, 2014

4 August 2014


Sister Rachel Mullen

This is surreal. Last emailing session. I really am so excited to see everyone... But here's the thing:

God is whipping out all the miracles my last days here in Kamphaengphet and it's making it painfully hard to leave. We had wonderful potentials at church, have started teaching great people, and the members progress everyday.

But I guess that is how I would want to leave an area regardless, so I guess I'm ok.

This last week we had MLC and president gave me the opportunity to 'speak my mind' for a second and nobody tore me down haha. It was really good training and it's still interesting to me that he had us all go down there for it when many of the sisters are going to be ending their missions within the next week. Another part of being a leader for the zone is after you receive the training from president, you go out to the areas in your zone and have trainings with them. So that was about 3 days out of our area my last week, but it was such a blessing to go out and the the sisters in the zone.

We had planned on one baptism this week, a 17 year old girl, whose been ready from the get-go. But then an older man who passed his interview but went away for some time, came back. AH! He caused us so much emotional mess haha. But he was baptized also.

Brother Dotcom, always doing missionary work, even with 'aquaintances' not friends. He brought this 16 year old kid, that has learned almost everything within the past 2 days. And Brother Dotcom is finding success in his crazy amounts of effort in spreading the Gospel. I HAVE to do the same. He's such an example.


Last Sunday was so happy. Sad also, but happy. We had two baptisms, and our three daters came to church and loved it, and a;dlkfna;woeljfnasdfn;alskdjf

Thank you. Really. This experience has changed everything.

Love, Sister Mullen
Sister Jasmine Mullen

I KNOW RIGHT? oh my goodness. im so happy though. i feel selfish because i had a dream last night she got called to hawaii and she was leaving october 31st. so im really happy i get to see her before she leaves.
i know! i wrote her but i didn't even know what to say, in the package im sending home for you guys it'll have some "home" stuff for rachel. it'll be kinda weird. i felt like sorta secure having her out too? i don't know i don't think it'll hit me because I won't actually be seeing her.
Sister Wulfenstein is great. She's such a blessing to me and to the ward. I actually don't like living with people from my intake. I love these to sisters to death and i don't mean for that to sound mean but yeah. Its like really distracting? Especially because we're all from America, they always want to talk about home. But they are solid sisters and they teach me quite a lot, i'm glad i get to live with sister allen again.I always feel like I could have done more to serve her when we were companions and i get to try again now! The Lord is full of second chances. I think thats His favorite blessing to give. Which makes me happy :)
This week has been such a miracle week. We have taken out the key indicator of finding hours and we're focusing on teaching. Everywhere and Anywhere! Its been AMAZING! I love it so much. There is so much more faith involved.
We have our new name for this month! Its called Ascension August. Cool huh? A sister in our mission came up with it. At first when we started the goal of having a repeat of June, there was a very relaxed feeling, no one really felt the urgency i guess. But then we had a conference call and it was SO good! One of our APs told us it is the Point of no return. OH my goodness. It just changed the spirit of everything.
The Leos texted us and said that they're busy August 30th and to move it to September. Ahh i died But then sister Wulfenstein and I prayed to make sure this was their date and not just the date we want them to be baptized on so we can contribute to a "number" but yeah we felt to ask them for August 31st. When she texted back I was so nervous to open it, so we said a prayer and then read it and it said YES! :) Now I know that the text was already written but I know that our prayer contributed. Faith needs to be shown. Gratitude needs to be shown. He deserves everything we have especially for the blessings He's been giving us every day.
Yeah other than that! Things are great! Thank you so much for your support. I'm excited for 3/4 of our family to be reunited! I would love to see TONS of pictures :) 
Also if you could record her homecoming talk. I just know thats going to be amazing.
Ofa atu :)
Sister Mullen






















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment