Wednesday, September 3, 2014

11 August 2014

Wellp. My week was a roller coaster. I have some weird news and I hope it doesn't offend anyone. One of my best friends on the mission went home early. She's been suffering from an illness for a really long time. She called me to let me know that she was going home. I cried forever. I felt so bad, we started out together and now she didn't get to finish. But I know that the Lord has a different plan for her. BUT the point is, her going home was somehow a tender mercy for me. I knew that with Rachel going home, that would be a real easy way to get distracted. But since my friend went home, I feel even more urgent. So I still have a desire to serve the Lord but Sister Jenkins has added this huge push for me to be diligent for her. I love her heaps and I'm going to miss her.
BUT! This week has been greeeeeeeeeat. I'm grateful for that mini trial at the beginning of my week. To make me try even harder.
I sure do love my companion. We get along well. Haha.  But her stories are great and its good because all I have to do is listen.
I'm really grateful that the region I look over is mostly my companions. It makes it so much easier for me to discern with the spirit of what they need. Most of our sisters struggle with confidence in one form or another. So we are trying our best to uplift and help them! So Rachel, if you have any ideas, PLEASE tell me. :)
I have been stressing all week because for some reason I feel like I'm always behind. My stuff isn't even really unpacked and its my 8th week here. But its all good i guess. We do our best and the Lord makes it up. Right? thats how it works? haha. But in particular i was stressed about our family getting baptized on the 31st of August. There are so many little concerns to help them with. She smokes but honestly they are such a golden family that I always forget when we are teaching them?! Haha but when we went over yesterday we were able to talk and she was like "yeah i was wondering when you were going to talk to me about that. haha. I love them. they are island dancers did i tell you? I'll send you a video home on a usb. They are SO GOOD! It makes me want to learn it.
This ward is great. The members are so loving and everyone just does their best with what they know and have. I'm learning a lot about not just going to an area and demanding but working WITH everyone.
I'm so excited that Rachel is home. Its so weird because I'm always telling people my sister is serving a mission in thailand! I'm so grateful for her example to me. And for the first time, I'D LIKE TO LEAVE A COMMITMENT! I would like to invite you three, to speak thai in the house ALWAYS. Will you do that? Yes? Well! I can promise you that when I come home I will be able to pick it up haha ;) I always laugh about that thought that you guys will be saying secrets about me and i'll never know.
Wellp! I think thats it for now! Oh except i forgot to tell you we got sprayed with a hose on saturday. What a classy man.
Malo aupito!
Ofa atu!
Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment