Thursday, June 19, 2014

16 June 2014


Sister Rachel Mullen

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. so we have less than 2 weeks left of this transfer. this coming up week is our last FULL week, and I'm a hot mess. I really really don't want to leave. I'm feeling semi confident I will not leave. I've asked president to petition the lord so we will see. And I'm NOT getting area trunky, which is always a good sign. Usually when I leave an area, I feel antsy, like I need change.

Seriously, there's nowhere else I want to be.

So we had a goal for a baptism this passed week. We had taught the old woman, 71 year old Somjeet and when we taught her the 10 commandments, she got REALLY uncomfortable and kind of pretty much shut down. Worshiping idols and not believing in JUST God was a sin, but she wanted both.

I don't really know how to explain it, but we kept going back and teaching her. And her prayers improved and her desire to be baptized never left, so in the end... Humility was shown and she was baptized yesterday. I can't believe it. God and His miracles NEVER cease.

Dotcom, the 15 year old we have been teaching has been ready for quite some time. He comes to church every Sunday, even helps us teach, but his parents will NOT let him be Christian. We see his desire to be baptized so we prepared a lesson using the Liahona about courage... since we have pretty much taught him EVERYTHING AND MORE haha. Then, randomly it's time to give him a commitment, and rather than the whole... have courage, don't give up, keep going kind of commitment, I just randomly said...

Will you ask your mom once every 2 weeks until you are 18 if you can be baptized?

He left feeling good. He is SO ready and I cannot wait until he is baptized. He came to church this last Sunday, after sacrament meeting he comes up to me and says he can't come to church next week because he has a test. but then the next week he is going to be baptized.

I think he thought I forgot Thai because I had to keep making sure I heard him right. Yup, his parents gave him permission.

I believe in Never ever ever giving up. I am beginning to see things unfold here towards the "not end" of my mission. Never make excuses, none of us are the exception... EVERYONE gets miracles

Sister Mullen



Sister Jasmine Mullen

hellooooooooo.

So i know you already know that i got transferred. Haha. it was hilarious because i knew that Brother Rostedt would be all over that. Yeah. Definitely was NOT expecting that at all. I sorta wanted to cry when i went to bed. But I didn't. I just did my fake cry that i usually do. I think its because I've moved enough now to know that change is always good. Change always helps. And change is always a new adventure.

I wasn't expecting this much change though...

We weren't even thinking about transfers and then my DL called and asked if I loved sister tama and told me to pack my bags. how harsh.

Sister Tama and I had a really good last day together. I'm going to miss her very much. We were talking about all the things we never did in Maryborough...and I started to realize that all the things we were saying were the things we never did on Pday. Stuff that doesn't really matter. I was really happy to go, not to leave the people I love, but to leave with only regret of "things that don't really matter". I remember my zone leader one time asking me if i had any regrets on my mission, i just cried. i've had heaps of things that have weighed my heart down. But i'm grateful and happy to say that I do not feel that now. The Atonement is real and I'm so grateful for the continuing experience that I have with Christ.

Sister Tama taught me a lot. I wish i could express to you how much i love her. We were happy all the time. Not one fight. I know she'll do great with my MTC companion Sister Crawford.

But yeah. Not much to say except that we are continuing to move forward and create a Joyful June. We have 50 baptisms so far. So we have 50 to go with just 2 Sundays left.

Last night after saying goodbye we went with the elders (yes we fit ALL my stuff. i'm planning to get rid of a few things this transfer...we'll see how it goes) to gympie to sleep for the night with the sisters there. It was really fun catching up with them.

Driving to transfers was so nervewracking. I've been to every transfer meeting but one and i still get so nervous. I was actually sweating like the whole time. Haha. Awks. But yeah my new companion is Sister Tautuiaki from Sydney. I'm now an STL. It was funny because when President said that and I looked around at the other STLs, they all looked so different from me. As I sat with them I felt like I was playing dress up or something. It was strange. But then President said something "All the easy things are now done. Now its time for high adventure." I'm so grateful for the timing of it all for the companions that prepared me and for the trials that humbled me. And also for the spirit that stopped me from thinking of myself and comparing. I realized this isn't about me. It never has been and never will be. I'm now here to serve the other sisters and my Heavenly Father. It was an amazing moment with the spirit. I'm excited for this new adventure and for the many that lay ahead.

I'm so sorry that my brain can't function right now because we woke up at 3:30 to leave for transfers so I really can't tell you many more stories from Maryborough. Everything just feels like a dream.

I love you. Miss you more than heaps.

Have a great week. :)

Sister Mullen

OH! and i got my package. Thank you thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou. <3 data-blogger-escaped-and="" data-blogger-escaped-area="" data-blogger-escaped-being="" data-blogger-escaped-br="" data-blogger-escaped-centenary="" data-blogger-escaped-for="" data-blogger-escaped-in="" data-blogger-escaped-is="" data-blogger-escaped-longer="" data-blogger-escaped-my="" data-blogger-escaped-no="" data-blogger-escaped-oh="" data-blogger-escaped-richlands="" data-blogger-escaped-stake.="" data-blogger-escaped-stranded="" data-blogger-escaped-yay="">








No comments:

Post a Comment