Tuesday, March 5, 2013

5 March 2013

I just got sick a couple days ago! Drinking Dayquil constantly and getting semi-embarassing coughing attacks but it's all good.

So... I am still BOSS at four square. Not really. It's just that the Elders feel they need to avenge the Sisters so they are always competitive against other Elders. The Elders that get out a Sister are called Sister Slayers. Don't know if I've said that already.

I haven't sung yet. The Phii Thais are leaving next week so we changed my number to next week because we are going to sing God Be With You Til We Meet Again in Thai! It's so wierd We have been here for a month tomorrow! HALFWAY! We are getting two more investigators this week so that will be 4 in all! Learning more and more everyday! One of our investigators is more quiet than the other. We FINALLY got her to smile and talk more this last time. But the time limits we have (15-20 minutes) makes it so hard to progress and teach anything! But it's fine. We learned the role of the Holy Ghost in conversion and we know that its not us that are teaching to the hearts, it's the spirit. So we applied it last night and it went wonderful!

I'm trying harder and harder each day to be dignified. Getting better. Obedience with exactness is MAJOR and I know that it is what makes a good missionary different from a great one.

It has been my goal to read all the Book of Mormon before I leave the MTC! I started a few weeks ago so I had read 2 Nephi 4 and loved it! Took a while through the Isaiah chapters, and now in Jacob.

*Random, but I saw Bethany Knudsen here a while ago! ...I actually just saw someone that looked like her and it reminded me of that haha. She works here!

**Also, last week... OH MY GOODNESS! So, some of the Elders from The District work here. I saw one last week and was literally starstruck. SO COOL!

ok. and about last tuesday. singing consider the lilies... M. Russell Ballard came for our devotional and I was just a hot mess!!!!!! We sing prelude before the speakers come in, so our last prelude hymn was I Know That My Redeemer Lives. I was crying by the time we ended! it was amazing. We were just starting the last chorus and He walks in and the thousands of missionaries stand and keep singing. AH!

I am so happy to be a missionary. It's wierd when you think about my personality and me WANTING to teach people I don't even know, but when you know something it's not possible to just sit back. I LOVE teaching the Gospel. I just can't stop smiling when I come out of a lesson and you KNOW the Spirit was there with you teaching also. We watched a devotional from Elder Holland on Sunday called missions are forever. It was amazing. Basically, I'm just not going to waste anytime. I am set apart as a missionary. This may be the only time that is true. I can't waste it. I am ENTITLED to the blessings that come from being an obedient and faithful missionary. And I know what those blessings are so I'm not going to waste my time or His.

Well, another preparation day done. I will let you know about the call. I think it's like 5 dollars for a calling card but I'm not sure yet we'll see.

Love, Sister Mullen

No comments:

Post a Comment