Saturday, December 28, 2013

16 December 2013


Sister Rachel Mullen

We had Da's baptism this week! Definitely cried during my talk cuz that's what I do. I bought chlorine for the font because I didn't want the water to be disgusting. It did nothing. But it was still great. There were definitely some things that went wrong for the service, but in the end, she is such a great example for our other investigators and where they should be in preparing for baptism.

So that man that we tried to baptize before he did his whole monk thing... well I called him and set up an appointment for Thursday, the day after he was done being a monk. We reviewed the Restoration, asked him to be baptized and he said no. We asked him to pray and he said no.

This last month we had 110 people baptized. In past months, it has been about 40's or 50's... But we got 110. Now President is preparing us to have 200 in January. But with all of these people coming unto Christ, Satan is SO not going to stop.

We asked this man to pray and he said no. He had already forgotten that experience he had just 10 days earlier with prayer, when he received an answer that he should be baptized. He will be fine though, just in taking more time.

The family we are teaching, they have chosen their date for the 4th of January. The dad needs to quit smoking. We took Brother Sawat and Sister Tong with us. Brother Sawat was AMAZING! He smoked since he was 15 and when he learned with the missionaries, he was able to quit in just 2 weeks and be baptized. We have committed this dad to pray. You know how you pray before you eat... he is to pray before he smokes. He laughed but I think it will work. He said he'd feel guilty smoking if he prayed before he smokes... haha. Yeah that's the point.

The Christmas activity was awesome and way fun. Great times inviting. I am ok with people laughing at me. Really. I'm ok with rejections like this. Now it just has me a little worried. I'm REALLY not going to care what other people think of me when I get home. What kind of person am I becoming. Not only awkward, but an awkward person that doesn't care about being awkward. and that will just continue into more awkwardness. Sorry.

But really though. Why care what those people in the great and spacious building may be saying. Never forget the bigger picture. Nothing else matters.

Sister Mullen

Sister Jasmine Mullen

hello! So as for like christmas skyping stuff. I can skype on the 25th which will be the 24th for you guys. i'm pretty sure its 7p.m. but yeah I only get 40 minutes so if rachel wants to do that we'll probably do like 30 and 10? I don't know I think thats the best I can do. Just let me know.

GUESS WHAT? This week was AMAZING.

James got baptized. It was the greatest feeling ever. I felt so privileged to be able to have seen Greta get baptized and then James. It was so cool. And then he received the gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday. I wish you could see it. He's sooo different now. Even just that day he was so much happier and just comfortable there. He was just getting himself involved. And guess what? now his brother in law is a little interested. So hopefully we'll get to slowly start teaching him.

Nicholas' family has been sick. They live with a million children so its a bit hard for them to get over their sicknesses quickly.

We have been able to get a lot of work done and I have found the solution for gaining weight and dealing with mean people. Both issues can be solved with a wheelchair. Our zone leaders were able to get us a wheelchair because my companion has trouble with her knee. We got it scanned and pretty much she has to stay off of it as much as possible until it heals. So I've been pushing her everywhere. She feels really bad but I keep telling her, its benefitting me haha. I do look like a hot mess everyday though. I'm just sweating all the time. But its been fun. Sometimes I just want to relive our day without the wheelchair and see how it goes. I don't know if its my faith thats changed or people's hearts. Its been really a good week though.

The baptism went really well though. My goal this week is to figure out how to be more proactive. Often members get flustered because things are thrown together by us missionaries. And watching those district videos just makes me want to be better. So if you have any ideas of how we can better plan with members i would like some! :)

Thats way cool Jacob is back. I was about to email him but he's home now haha. What are his plans now?

Wellp! thats it for me. I love you guys and I can't WAIT to see you :)

sister mullen #2














No comments:

Post a Comment