Monday, May 19, 2014

19 May 2014


Sister Rachel Mullen

Ok, here we go with this week. Ready? Go. So remember miracle guy named Goal? Well, his cousin he brought to church all of a sudden has to work everyday so she "can't" learn, and he won't answer our phone calls. What do we do when something goes completely wrong???

Find some more.

That's all we can do. We had more inviting days, then we went to Big C one night and it was starting to rain. People just kind of stand under the shelter thing outside. But then it started to get windy so we were getting crazy wet. Just before it got too bad though, I got this guys number... as one side of my face is getting completely drenched. Long story short, we met with him the next day. and the next day. We just need to teach him one more time pretty much but he's amazing. BUT he did not show up to church so he will be baptized next month.

We met with another new investigator this week. Her name is Mee. She is Hmong and only concern for her is if she can't participate in her family's rituals anymore once she is baptized. But she is SO open to the Gospel and to God. Just needs to keep learning, and she will be baptized next month hopefully on the 8th.

We are going for baptism every week.

The Elders said some things that kind of upset me yesterday and then they did something really way nice. They called us and asked if we wanted to teach one of their investigators that came to church that Sunday. We didn't have anyone come to church that could be baptized on the 25th, and that being the last Sunday of the month, we needed someone so that we could make our goal of 3 baptisms for MAYham.

"Beware of pride, boy..." What's that from? The Restoration.

It was very nice of them and she seems so wonderful.

So one day this week, Elder Suki was behind me with scissors trying to fake cut my hair. I turn around and catch him doing it. I see he doesn't have that much and so I'm like... oh yeah. go for it. He grabs a bigger chunk and snips. WHAT?!

So the next day after personal study, I remember what he did. So I went over to the garbage can with scissors.

And I cut a bunch of my hair.

Yup.

We invited in front of Big C on Saturday (well really everyday) and there was this event where they were handing out free Mountain Dews to everyone. Crazy. So it was us four missionaries. Against them. You would think people would want some free cleansing of sins over a mountain dew, but no. We still got numbers though which was way cool :)

We met with the cutest 15 year old kid. His name is Dotcom. Yeah, best name ever. After we taught him, he was really upset and told us his mom won't let him become a Christian. In helping people with concerns, we as missionaries have been taught to not make it a big deal. Have the most amazing amount of faith on the subject and they will receive strength from you.

So after a crazy hard Sunday, where we ended up having no potentials come to church that week that could be baptized the 25th, and feeling bad that we were going to take pretty much the Elders' baptism for next week... We went looking for more. Big C was draining, so we went to the market. Inviting goes by so fast, people are giving us their numbers and it's amazing. I was walking across the street and I see a TWO BAHT COIN on the ground. So I start kicking it across the street so I can pick it up on the other side. A guy on a motorcycle slows down and laughs. We invite him and he's like, you can do that? you can really wash away your sins? Anyways... we've got an appointment with him on Tuesday at 3.

We met with a new investigator also. This guy called US. He had gotten a baptism flier in front of Big C but didn't give his number to anyone. We prayed for the spirit before the lesson, but I know I was a little flustered because he was so awesome. We were just going to do an intro lesson but no. We taught him all the commandments and he is now committed to living all of them. He will be at church this coming Sunday and he will be baptized on the 1st of next month. WOW.

Rededicating myself to God everyday, because he has Never left me. This last Sunday was a lot of hard realizations. In the fact that our 3rd baptism for the month wasn't at church... And just knowing that we had received AMAZING miracles within the passed two weeks, and couldn't hold on to them?? I wondered what we could have done differently, and I'm happy to know we did all we could. I was blessed to have that peace that it was their agency, not a lack in what we did.

Sister Mullen still has got to improve loads though, so that's what today is for :)

Love you all,

Sister Mullen

Sister Jasmine Mullen

Wow wow wow. I don't even know how to start off this email. This week has been amazing. Now I'm 100% sure that President listens to what we say. Haha. He is continually asking us to rise up higher and higher each week.

Since the beginning of this month we have been preparing for Elder and Sister Hemula to come. It was actually pretty stressful haha. But I was grateful because we definitely received revelation as he spoke to us. He said lots of things that I can't wait to share with you but I'll just share a few points. The first was so cool.

1. He talked about how there was the 1/3 that went with satan. And if there was say 75 billion people. there would be around 37 billion spirits of satan. And if there are 15 million members and about half of them are active. Then its a ratio of about 1 of us against 5000 spirits. That just gave me chills.

I needed to hear it especially because I really do feel like I'm just IN this now. I love it. But at the same time I am constantly being reminded in my thoughts of some of the mistakes I've made in my life. Things from such a long time ago. And it seems now that they just come into my memory. And its so hard to remember that I am no my mistakes. And so when Elder Hemula said that I just started sobbing. It was just so comforting to know that its not because Heavenly Father hasn't forgiven me and its not because I'm weak. Its because I and the missionaries I am serving with are all rising up and we are all being attacked in every way.

2. The other thing I wanted to say was that Elder Hemula made President cry. I know how much Presidents mean to missionaries now. Elder Hemula said that he has been looking for a mission that resembled his mission. That lived up to what their standards were and he said he found it. Presdient just burst into tears. It was such a tender moment to see him like that. He has worked so hard and has been pushing all of us so much. And Elder Hemula told us that as we continued to increase our faith and improve our planning that we would see things happen in this mission that has never been done before.

So we are going to baptize 100 in june. Does it give you chills? It just makes me get so excited. Sister Tama and I could barely sleep. But we wanted to be obedient haha.

Yeah so we're all rising up. We're all DOING.

But aside from all of that spiritual upliftment haha. i mean what could be better... I just wanted to tell you guys a miracle!

So its a lot different being stranded out here because I'm used to being able to just drive to the office and get as many supplies as i needed.

WE DON'T EVEN HAVE BOOKS OF MORMON HERE. Grr. We will get them soon hopefully. but yeah so we met a less active her name is Sister Laycock and we invited her to church and she was like yeahh! Piece of cake.

After the lesson we went finding on a street near her and we met a guy named John, he said we could come back but we didn't think much of it.

Then when we were going to go back we realized we would probably need to bring a female with us. We couldn't think of anyone. So we prayed and thought of Sister Laycock. We called her and she just laughed and said she would come.

She got all dressed up and was AMAZING. She was sharing her testimony and at the end of the lesson she invited him to church and gave him HER book of mormon. And then we went to church with them the next day. It was soooo cool. Everyone just needs to be needed.

Thats it for me though. I love you guys and thank you for everything you do for me.

love,

sister mullen





















No comments:

Post a Comment