Friday, October 25, 2013

21 October 2013


Sister Rachel Mullen

So Monday, after we did emails and everything, President Senior calls. Thankfully it was Sister Stevenson's phone day and she answered. I was freaking out like usual. Then he talks to me and says I'm getting a new assignment. I was being transferred and I would be training again. AH! The next few days happened. We gave our investigator Cream a date in November! Said my goodbyes. Way sad. Didn't have time to go visit the lady, Amnuay, that we contacted, but Sister Stevenson told me she has a date now for November 3rd!

We lit off lanterns with the Elders my last night. Super dramatic I know, but it's actually the season for it or whatever so they had some. We're not very good at it. Sister Stevenson threw her's in the air and it landed on the roof. I thought we were all going to die. Another one went into the neighbors yard! Yeah, should NOT give these things to foreigners. We didn't know what we were doing.

Took some last minute pictures and were on a bus to Bangkok. Got no sleep. Got to see so many missionaries! It's always fun to see everyone. Transfers was crazy. A missionary who has been an AP for a while is training, same with another Zone Leader. It was amazing what President Senior said about trainers. For him to do that, he said it really shows what God thinks about ALL of his trainers. They said all of the Bangkok areas and I still wasn't called. Crazy, I thought I would be going back to Bangkok. but Oh my goodness. He said Phitsanulok and I stood up and screamed, WHAT?! haha

Anyways, that happened. Got on the bus with the rest of our district. 4 sisters and 2 elders so this will be different! Sister Stevenson's mom sent me a package! SO SWEET! she made me an elephant, like one that sister stevenson had with her! AH i almost cried on the bus. I am so sad to be leaving mahasarakham. So many amazing things are about to happen. But I am so grateful to be going to the North! to Phitsanulok!

First day, we did an inviting activity with the rest of our district. Drew the Plan of Salvation with chalk on the wall by a river... It totally worked. Got to talk to some people. Our next day we invited some more. That's all we can do for a while because we are white washing in. We got an appointment with one guy that we met inviting. We went to teach him the Restoration yesterday. He gets really distracted. He keeps saying I look like Mona Lisa.

There was something kind of like a chili cook off but for papaya salad on Saturday. I invited a Less Active Brother to the activity and he came and it turned out to be someone I remembered from a while back. It was sad to see he was a less active but we got to talk and I got to show him pictures. And then he also came to church the next day! I learned so much in Mahasarakham, white washing in and I really want to bring all of that here to Phitsanulok. We had a miracle on Saturday also when someone called and said, Hey what's going on at the church? This person was outside and saw all the vehicles outside. It was way funny. She came in and I got to give her a Book of Mormon. She was contacted a while back and just called!

Let the miracles begin!

Sister Mullen #1

Sister Jasmine Mullen

Man. I always hate when we have temple day just because I have to try and tell you all the amazing things that happened this past week. It really was amazing. I'm so excited for Tia. Where is she going again?

Caboolture is pronounced Kaboocha. Thats how you say it with an accent at least. Nope no baptism. It got pushed back again. But I just know that they will be baptized on their new date November 1. If they don't then, wellp. it might be a while.

So one Less active doesn't talk to us much now. He got offended because we couldn't get him into the talent show. I felt so bad. I cried so much because he was mad at me and I felt like it was my fault. But then I realized if he stopped coming to church because he couldnt sing in the stake talent show, then he wasn't coming to church for the right reasons in the first place. It just breaks my heart when people stop coming for those reasons.

We had the Jones family come to church on Sunday. Not sure if I told you about them but Yanine ( the mom) has been texting us asking US to come over and teach her family. Her daughter paris has anxiety and shes had a rough time. I really hope they felt the spirit at church.

We had an amazing lesson with a lesson with a referral from our EQP. He had been meeting with this less active man and his son wants to get baptized. So he told us to go over and meet the family. We did and i can't even explain. His name is Nicholas and he is the most amazing 10 year old i've ever met. He is reading 3 nephi and wants to learn more so badly. Just to give you a picture of what his life is like, he lives in a house with 2 families. His parents have lots of tatoos and many children to attend to. He is around drinking and foul language. Can you imagine? I just cant even wrap my brain around the fact that he lives there and yet he is the sweetest little boy with the strongest most simple testimony i've ever seen. I just wanted to keep asking him "why do you want to get baptized?" I didn't. I figured once was enough but i just wanted to hear his testimony all day long. He is getting baptized next month and I am so excited to teach him.

We also met a guy tracting. His name is Yuan he doesn't speak good english just moved here from Taiwan. We knocked on his door and he came outside and started talking to us. i thought he wasn't interested but then he started crying. 22 year old man crying. He invited us in and asked to know more. then he told us the trial he was going through. He just broke up with his girlfriend. :) it was a little bit funny considering i thought someone died. But i can understand why he was so sad. he ended up coming to the ward activity that night and make really good friendships with our Less Actives! Our ward is great. But its really cool to see the less actives stepping up and hastening the work. Its inspiring. And yeah then he had work sunday but he's made arrangements to get work off this upcoming sunday :)

I don't even know what I'm doing. Its like the Lord literally just needs vessels. Vessels of people who are willing to give up a short amount of time. All He needs are people willing to help. Willing to listen to the spirit. All i have to do is listen to the spirit. I'm so grateful for the miracles I've seen this past week. I know that coming on a mission was for me. I know i've said that before but its the biggest truth out there. My mission is to save ME and to teach ME how to be a better disciple.

I have been reading my setting apart and particularly brother martin's comment stood out to me "some of the most sorrowful and joyful times of your life will be on your mission" i can testify that that is 100 % true. of course it is. and i love it.

i love you. i'll talk to you again really soon!

sister mullen #2 thank you for everything.









No comments:

Post a Comment