Monday, July 29, 2013

29 July 2013

Rachel

So it is officially rainy season. I know it. It hasn't stop. Will it ever? I don't know. We went out in our ponchos a few days ago, but then as we left, we noticed it was no longer going to rain. Haha. So you have got 2 foreign missionaries, in their ponchos riding their bikes... with just a sprinkling of rain. SO embarassing.
This week I learned more about missionary work. Go figure. It has been hard going inviting because I have not seen what comes of it. It isn't anything like rejection so much. We will talk to someone randomly on the street, testify of Christ and then we are invited to eat with them in their house. We never forget our purpose but I feel we are having trouble setting those expectations to get investigators to learn with us. Seriously. We have had dinners and times with these Strangers! Haha. But then it is sad when they don't accept what we want to teach them. We had 3 new investigators that had returning appointments but I do not think they want to learn with us because they never answered their phone after that or was semi mean to us. But whatever. It's a new part about missionary work that I am learning. We know to try and schedule things later in the day because towards the end of the night, things are really dark and quiet here. We are weeding out investigators, really praying to know and find those who are interested in the Gospel and what we teach. I have not yet seen what comes from inviting, but I see the contribution we are putting forth. At church this week I was feeling a little down, just because of a lot of people who were no longer interested, and then someone shared a scripture in D&C 64: 33-34. I don't think I have heard a more perfect scripture in the exact moment I needed it. It just starts you off right, revelation through church. 

i also liked 29-32

29: Wherefore, as ye are agents, ye are on the Lord's errand; and whatever ye do according to the will of the Lord is the Lord's business.

30: And he hath set you to provide for his saints in these last days, that they may obtain an inheritance in the land of Zion.

31: And behold, I, the Lord, declare unto you, and my words are sure and shall not fail, that they shall obtain it.

32: But all things must come to pass in their time.

33: Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.

34: Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days.

Sister Mullen

ps one of these pictures I sent home is with Sister Wright. She reminds of SOOOOOOOOO much of Ronda. Ronda, are you reading this?!?!?! She made us spaghetti and APPLE CRISP this week. yeah. the best thing I've had in Thailand. Better than the coconut smoothies in Korat.

No comments:

Post a Comment